The FLAMINGO is a unique floor lamp that stands 46 inches tall that will look great in your living room. At 12 inches away, the FLAMINGO delivers 10,000 Lux. Great for any lounge area or to brighten up your work space. Also ideal for use while on a treadmill or an exercise bike. It comes with a long power cord for easy placement and any extra cord can be hidden in the base of the lamp.
- 10,000 Lux at 12 inches
- Quality metal construction
- Electronically powered for no flicker & no hum
- No UV & very low EMF
- 7 year unlimited warranty
- 60 day money back guarantee (full refund of total paid less $35 restocking)
- Power : 48 Watts – Lamp automatically selects from 110-270 volts, 50 or 60 hz
- Height : 4 Feet Shade : 3 inches x 7 inches x 13 inches
- Weight : 11 lbs
- Grounded power cord : About 6 feet
- On/Off switch : On top of unit
Made in NORTH AMERICA with QAI safety approval
FLAMINGO FLOOR LAMP
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE The light is designed to bring spring and summer outdoor light levels into your home or office for years to come. Install the legs on either side with the large screws. Use the lamp as shown in the photo, 20-30 minutes each day, preferably first thing in the morning. Sit in front of the lamp, with your eyes 15 to 17 inches from the center of the diffuser to get 10,000 Lux. Do not look directly at the light, but you may glance at it periodically. Keeping regular sleep/wake-hours and exercising (outdoor when possible) are also very beneficial.
PROBLEMS 1) UNIT DOES NOT LIGHT If the unit does not light 3 seconds after the switch is turned ON, please check that the plug is well inserted into the outlet. If it still fails to turn on, try other outlets. Should the problem persist, remove the plastic diffuser by gently unscrewing the four nylon screws. Check that both fluorescent tubes are equally well seated in the sockets. If any white phosphor coating is missing on any section of the inside of the glass tube, the fluorescent tube is defective.
2) OTHER PROBLEMS Bright light can cause eye and/or skin irritation and headaches. This is most prevalent in people using light sensitizing medications, or people with blue or green eyes, blonde or red hair, fair or sensitive skin. These problems are usually resolved by gradually increasing use of the lamp. At the first sign of skin or eye irritation, stop using the lamp and wait until the irritation disappears. Problems caused by bright light can usually be overcome by first sitting 2.5 feet away for 2 minutes and gradually increasing the light over two weeks, until you are 17 inches for at least 20 minutes. If you still experience problems, call us. We will try to help you.
WARNING: If you have a health problem, if you have been told you must wear sunglasses in sunlight, or if you have a history of eye problems, please consult a health-care professional first.
MEDICATIONS such as lithium, melatonin, tetracycline, St. John’s Wort, acne creams and creams with retinoic acid and some chemotherapy drugs can make you very sensitive to light.
MAINTENANCE The fluorescent tubes emit less light as they age. Typically, although they are rated at 20,000 hours, after 2,000 hours of usage they emit 15% less light, and should be replaced. A fluorescent tube may break if severely jarred. The lamp uses two 36 watt tubes that can be purchased from Northern Light Technologies. To replace the tubes, gently remove the 4 plastic diffuser screws, put in new tubes, put diffuser back in place.